Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Puls Ken Puls is offline

Default Updating dates

I don't know why this functionality isn't exposed to Excel, but you can
deal with this through Word. Go in to Word and choose
Tools|Options|File Locations. Change the "Workgroup templates"
directory to what you need.

In addition, I have a little utility available at my site which can do
this. It also will list all templates (Excel and otherwise) in a menu
for easy reach. You can find that here if you're interested:
http://www.excelguru.ca/node/65

HTH,

Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
www.excelguru.ca

wrote:
I have had to create a new template in 2003 after years of previous
word versions. Because I like to keep my own creations off the C:
partition I have created a templates folder in my data partition and
set the file locations to look there for templates.

It now seems that when I click on File.New it doesn't look at my new
folder. To find the template I have to go FileOpenDocs/Templates
and open the template that way. It's not as convenient.

Also I created a date but it doesn't update when I open the template.

Is there any help, please.

Many thanks.

Colin