Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bernadette Bernadette is offline

Default What are bar tabs used for?

This is exactly what I am looking for!!! Both the bar that will give me a
tab (margartis here I come), but mostly how to set 'bar tabs' for MS Word
2003. Tables are fine, but sometimes just setting the tabs would be easier
for what I need. So, on that note, how do I set a "bar tab?"

--
Bernadette

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Yongkalep,

The following is a qoute from a sage in the newsgroups:

"They keep you from having to pay for each drink as it is delivered. g
Seriously, I believe they are a holdover from an earlier time when they
could be used in conjunction with underlines to create tables. They are
almost totally undocumented, and their uses are highly individualized. I
actually do use them to create a table effect in a couple of specific
applications."

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

yongkalep wrote:
I understand how to set tabs etc. But I'm not really clear on the WHY
concerning Bar Tabs. What are they for? Please provide some common
examples of Bar Tab usage.

THANKS!