Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tomincnj tomincnj is offline

Default Unable to modify shortcut keys

mazorj,

Tks for the reply and for taking the time to run through the procedures.

I've tried renaming Normal.dot to oldNormal.dot....but when I restarted
Word....still couldn't chage the keys. Thus my question about downloading a
Normal.dot file.

If I had the original disks for my OFFICE SUITE I would have re-installed
it....but after 4 moves in the past 8 yrs....latest one to and from the
Philippines...I haven't been able to locate the disks yet.

I haven't tried any of the other sites....might just purchase a new laptop
new week and then purchase the latest Office package from best-buy.

The shortcut key problem isn't a showstopper but it's a PIA..lol. Lucky for
me that I was able to create a 7,500+ Tagalog word/vocabulary list before
having any problems. Gives me some time before I need to expand the list.

Will post my final solution to the problem once I've made a decision. Maybe
I'll get lucky and find the disks.

Tks again!