Tellu

(hmm.. my more detailed answer seems to have got lost...)
So, both the source doc and the destination doc are plain office word
documents. Links go from a word (a name, actually) in document "a" to
another, bookmarked word (a name in a bibliography) in document "b". Now I've
had to re-name the source doc. Office assistant suggested that I choose
'edit-links-change source' for redirecting links. Problem is, the 'links'
aren't active or available in 'edit'-tool.

Alt-F9 only provides a partial name of the link, leaving the source name
away, like this: { HYPERLINK "../lLĂ„HDELUETTELO.doc"\ "Bataille1997" }

Thank you for trying to help.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VGVsbHU=?=,

You really need to give us more information. What kinds of things are linked
into this document?

Please be more precise about what you see when you press Alt+F9. (Copy/paste
or type out the entire field code in the { brackets })

How come does the 'edit-links' command remain grey no matter what I do? Can
it really be that it's not available? Is there some update available
somewhere?

I've already tried the alt-F9 so that I could change the name of the source
document, but this only shows the end part of the link's name, and so the
find-replace command doesn't find the name of the source.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org