Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Uddhava

Default Untidy Text

"RobertVA" wrote:

You ARE going to get large gaps between words if you use full
justification on relatively narrow columns. That's the way it makes the
last word even with the right margin. The effect is particularly
noticeable if there is a long first word on the next line. If you don't
like the gaps you have to switch to Left Justify and put up with the
jagged right edge.

Dear Robert,

Yes I understand why the multiple spaces are there in the original text
(written by someone else) but the question is how to get rid of them - the
align left button will get rid of the muiltiple spaces when the text is
originated by me but doesn't seem to work with text pasted from a web page.
Anyway there is still the problem of short lines. When I write a Word doc,
the right indent marker is at say 15 but some text pasted from the web
ignores my marker at 15 and stops short at say 11.