Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Opening Word without a blank document

Copy a Word Start icon to the Desktop. Then right-click it and select
Properties. Add the /n switch to the startup path.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Scott Meyers" wrote in message
: Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
: Add the /n switch to the shortcut used to start Word.
:
: I'd like to. Unfortunately, Word seems to use some kind of special
shortcut.
: The shortcut target is listed as "Microsoft Office XP Professional" and is
: greyed out; it can't be edited. Ditto for Excel and PowerPoint. Any
idea how
: I can edit the command lines for these shortcuts?
:
: Thanks,
:
: Scott