Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Opening Word without a blank document

It's the shortcut that Office creates when you install the program, so
there's no telling how it works this magic. I have no idea what the
reasoning was behind making it uneditable, but I personally think that
sucks.

"Scott Meyers" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Yes, the default shortcuts are uneditable. But you can find Winword.exe

and
create a new shortcut that will be editable.

Okay, that worked, but can somebody explain to me what kind of shortcut is
originally created that shows no path and is not editable? I've never

seen that
kind of shortcut before.

Thanks,

Scott