Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I make matrices of various sizes?

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:15:02 -0700, me2youall
wrote:

I wish to make a larger matrix but I cannot figure out how to add collums. I
understand that if I hit enter then I get an additional row, but I cannot
figure out how to make more columns.

If you only need one or two more columns, right-click any entry in the rightmost
column and choose Insert Insert Column After, repeating as often as needed.

If you need many more columns, this gets tedious. Instead, on the right-click
menu choose Linear. There will be a black square followed by an expression like

(1&2@3&4@5&6)

Put the cursor immediately to the left of the first @ sign and insert more &
signs, one for each new column. Then right-click again and choose Professional.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman