Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGlua3k=?=,

Now on the following pages, that I will be entering photos and text, are
still showing that the document is locked. I can still insert photos and text
into the tables but I cannot use the "Auto Shapes" option in MS Word.

Is this option not available on section 2 when a document is locked for
section 1 only?
How can I set this document up and still protect page 1 and still allow for
use of "AutoShapes" etc... on the following pages.

You cannot. The Drawing layer and Drawing tools are locked out in any document
with activated protection.

Is the top section locked for convenience (so that the user can quickly fill out
the information), or for security reasons?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)