Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John[_14_] John[_14_] is offline

Default Add textbox in left margin as part of style?

Hello.

I have a business requirements document that I'm creating. Basically
the whole thing is a numbered list, and I have different styles set up
for the different numbering levels so it's easy to format the list
items appropriately. I have everything set up so that it looks nice
and the numbering happens automagically. However, I'd like to modify
the style so that there's a text box in the left margin beside each
bullet (so that I can put a checkmark, or a priority ranking, or
something beside each of the list items). Is there a way to do that? I
don't want to do one manually for each item in the list because there
are a lot of them, and I don't want to have to re-jig them if I were
to add another item in between two more.

Thanks for any help.

John