Klaus Linke

"Peyton Todd" wrote:
Help! My title to this post describes the problem: I have a number of
Listnum
fields (numbering sample sentences in a linguistics paper) which I built
by
Customizing the Outline Number in the Bullets and Numbering dialog. When I
add a Heading 2 to the document, all the LISTNUMs below it become
invisible.
They are still there, though: when you remove the Heading 2, they become
visible again. Oddly, the references to them, supplied via Insert --
Reference -- Cross-reference, remain visible.

Thanks for your help!
--
Peyton Todd

Hi Peyton,

ListNum fields can contain the name of some list template. If they don't,
they will use the last list template above that you used.
So when you insert your Heading 2, they'll take the list template attached
to that.

You can avoid that by naming the list template:
Go into a "level 1" paragraph using that list template, Format Bullets
and Numbering Customize..., expand the dialog, and type in some name in
the "ListNum field list name" box at the bottom left.

Then use that name in your ListNum fields.

Regards,
Klaus