Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Body Text vs Normal

I forget exactly what Stuart said about this except that it was going
to be either changed or made a lot clearer in Word 2007.

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
The argument table styles is an especially strong one, but I
think the problem arises from changing the font or font size of
Normal rather than paragraph formatting. [...]

I think the issue is with both font and character formatting. Only users
tend to run into issues with font formatting more often.

And if you change the paragraph formatting of Normal, table styles will
likely be only a small part of your troubles eg.

I'd love to use Normal as the default, since most Word docs use it anyway,
and you would have the least work to do reformatting.
Unfortunately, that has become less of an option because of the issues

with
table styles.

BTW, I've heard from Stuart Stuple that table styles ignore settings in

the
document default -- which I assume is "(no style)"? -- rather than those

in
"Normal". That contradicts my experience, but I haven't had time to
investigate.

Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
The argument table styles is an especially strong one, but I think

the
problem arises from changing the font or font size of Normal rather than
paragraph formatting. I haven't really paid close attention because I
don't
use "table styles" but do use specific styles for Table Heading and

Table
Text.

newsgroup
so