Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Removing hard returns when placing photos in a word doc.

Insert the picture. Set the layout property of the image to (say) square to
wrap the text. Then select the image Insert Reference Caption. Add your
title. You can format the Caption style as you wish.

BK wrote:
I'm working on a word doc. that has several photographs. I would
like to place titles under them and I'm having trouble formating
around them. How do I eliminate unwanted spaces or hard returns?
that come before and after pictures have been inserted into the
document? Is there a feature that will allow me flexibility when
formating text around the photos?