Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yoshioka

Default read only

I just want to turn-off read only so it never comes on again I have trying
going into file save as the tools then general opions. I have tried going
into tools then opions it dose not work either
Even my power point presention is in read only I saved it to CD and it still
say read only when I try to save a power point onto CD it dose not let me all
it say is the file is proctected
Every time I make a new word doc or power point doc it always come-up as
read only!
I can make a copy of the file n give it a different name which seem to work
but only with word but it dose not work with power point
This is my computer at home and I with a internet talk talk broadband

I just want to turn off read only so that it never come up again
I have even tried to restall office but that did not do anything

"Yoshioka" wrote:

what do u mean select file name in windows explorer? How do I do that?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Selected the filename in Windows Explorer, right-clicked and chosen
Properties, then cleared the Read Only check box?

"ChrisM" wrote in message
When you say you have tried 'Everything' to 'turn off' ReadOnly on your
document,
Exactly WHAT things have you tried?

Restarted Word?
Restarted your computer?
Restarted your server(if you have one)?
Checked the file permissions on your file?
Made a copy of the file and tried opening that?
anything else??

Cheers,

ChrisM.

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
Thank you, But I am really think when it come to computer! please you

tell
me
what you mean by "Please define "everything".

Best regards

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Please define "everything".

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
I have tryed everthing to take off read only on my word Doc, can

anyone
help
me?
thank you