Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RobG RobG is offline

Default Change Word's default search engine

Cindy M. wrote:
Hi RobG,

Is it possible to change Word's default search engine from www.live.com
to some other engine that I specify?

Is this the right group to ask this question? I tried searching and
couldn't find anything about it.

Where are you seeing this? Which version of Word?

I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP (I don't know which version of Word
that is). On the web toolbar, there's a search icon that, when
clicked, opens the default browser at live.com. I'd like to change it
to Google (or whatever I may choose in the future). The one in
Office:Mac (Word 2004) goes to excite.com, so it seems it should be
configurable but I don't know where to do it.

As a related issue, I'd like to stop the web tool bar from appearing
when I use ctrl+click to follow links (it's a stupidly annoying
setting, I'd love to know how to turn it off). At the moment I have
the web toolbar enabled but have removed all the buttons except for the
search button, which to me is the only one of any use. That way when I
follow links (say use a table of contents to navigate to some part of
the document) my toolbar layout doesn't get modified by the addition of
the web toolbar.

--
Rob.