Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Auto text

By default, the Closing style has a 3" left indent. This is to place it to
right of center on the standard 6" line, as required by Modified Block
letter style (see
http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/le..._mblock_p.htm). If you want
Full Block (http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/le...l_block_p.htm),
modify the Closing style to remove the indent.

http://word.mvps.org

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne and for being so prompt as always and so many threads I
have read shows ur involvement.

I got it figured it out thanks to your guidance and thanks.

The new trouble is the text "wishing u the best of health" when i select
the
style "closing" it goes off to the center alignment. How to keep it as
'left-aligned'?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Okay, so you're trying to add an AutoText entry to the Closing
collection.
The style you're looking for is called Closing (not "closing line"). If
you
press Shift while clicking the arrow beside the Style dropdown, you
should
see all styles listed, including Closing. As I think you've figured out,
you
need to apply that style to your text before saving it as an AutoText
entry.

If that still doesn't work for you, tell us which version of Word you
have,
and we can give you specific instructions for another way to access the
style.

http://word.mvps.org

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
Dear all

I was trying to insert "Wishing you the best of health" in auto text
entry
"closing line".

I went through the threads and MVP sites and found the solution.

But when I highlight the "Wishing you the best of health" and then keep
'shift' pressed and click on format tool bar, I do not find the
'closing
line' style, though I find so many others but none of the auto text
styles
like attention line, closing line etc.

I have also reset the format toolbar.

What am I doing wrong or can anyone help me in adding into auto text
closing
line or attention.

brgds/captgnvr