Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default restoring normal.dot

A different approach, if you want to restore factory default settings, is to
simply rename the existing normal.dot (with Word closed). A new one will be
created the next time you start the application.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GregNga" wrote in message
Never mind, I just figured it out. I had folder options confiured to not
show
hidden folders. Once I changed that, I was able to locate normal.dot and
replace it with the one i had saved

"GregNga" wrote:

How do I restore the Normal.dot template that I have stored on a CD onto
my
computer so I can use it in Word. When I searched my computer for
Normal.dot
so I could replace it, it didn't find one

I hace Office 2000