Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DWalker07 DWalker07 is offline

Default Delete a style permanently?

I created a custom style in Word 2007. Now, I want to delete it. I can
delete the style from the document, but when I close and reopen Word 2007
the style shows up again.

The Manage Styles dialog box has a checkbox that says "only in this
document" and "new documents based on this template". EVEN if I check "New
documents based on this template" and delete the style, the style reappears
when I close and reopen Word 2007.

I looked in Word 2007 help, and under "delete a style" there are no matches
if I search for the term in quotes. If I remove the quotes, there are no
USEFUL matches.

Searching the Internet doesn't help either. There is a link to a section
from a Word for Dummies book that has a solution that doesn't work (it says
to right-click the style from the style gallery and click Delete. There is
no such choice.)

Related problem: The style I created was called "Code" and it used a fixed
pitch font and smaller point size. Once inside a document, if I selected
that style and typed some code, then went to a new line and selected
Normal, Word kept re-selecting my Code style. The style was not un-
selectable, which is REALLY annoying.

Help!

Thanks.

David Walker