Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Default DON'T ask if I want to save when closing a document

"Sig" wrote:

Yee ha! Thanks!

"jehjeh" wrote:

You need to turn off smart tags. With a word document open to go Tools
Options choose the View tab and uncheck the "smart tags" box. It is in the
first section of the "View" tab. Click ok. Then close the document. It may
ask if you want to save changes. Click yes. That will probably be the last
time you will ever have that problem.

"Sig" wrote:

Word asks me if I want to save a document every time I close it, even though
I DIDN'T make any changes to the document. This is very annoying. How do I
get Word to stop asking me to save when the document hasn't changed?