Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Microsoft Public Groups Microsoft Public Groups is offline

Default Data Source Lost When Merge From Access to Word

To see the option you have to check Word Tools|Options|General|Confirm
conversions at open. Then you get the same "Confirm" dialog after you select
the .mdb.

Peter Jamieson
"Sharon L." Sharon wrote in message
I am also using an Access 97 database as the data source for a Word mail
merge. The data originally comes from SQL tables using ODBC links. This
currently works fine when I use Word 2000 but when I use Word 2003 I get
"Word was unable to open the data source" when I try to connect to a
database query. It does seem to work if I create an Access temp table from
my
queries. I have hundreds of different queries in different Access 97
databases linked to Word (2000) documents. I don't see any option to
select a
DDE link instead of ODBC.