Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Number problem in Mail Merge field

You could try the different methods of connecting to the data source that
will become available if you select Options from the Tools menu in Word and
then go to the General tab and check the box against the "Confirm file
conversions at open" item.

An alternative would be to use a query in access as the data source and
apply the Format() function to the decile field to convert it to text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynda" wrote in message
I have an Access database query that computes a student's class rank in
deciles. This works fine in Access, but when I merge it in a Word
Document, Word changes the decile. For example, I have computed a decile
of 4 for a student, but Word displays it as a 10. When I look at the
underlying record source in Word, it shows the 4 as a 10 in the Access
field.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Why doesn't Word see the real
number?