Joseph N

Dave wrote:
Each new project requires
a spec, and only about half of the total sections are ever
used for any project. For each new project, I want to be
able to select which sections I want, have them saved to a
new folder for the new project name, and all be opened
with the master document.

I'm anxious to see other responses, because I'm trying to do something
very similar. In the meanwhile, though, there are two suggestions I can
make:

First, depending on the content for what are now subdocuments, you might
be able to use autotext entries. While they are generally menu-driven,
you could probably use radio button controls and VBA instead; that's out
of my expertise.

Second, the best way for you to do what you want is really with a
document assembly program. HotDocs is the only one I'm familiar with,
and it works nicely with Word; there are others, too.

--
JN