Luc

Shneur,
You can't remove file names from the File menu directly. If you want to
remove them all, choose Tools - Options - General tab - clear the check box
next to Recently used file list.

If you want to remove a specific file, press Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen. The mouse
pointer will show as a thick minus sign. Click the menu File, and click the
filename you want to remove. Repeat the process for other names. But beware
that any menu item you click on will be deleted.
Luc

"Shneur" schreef in bericht
Documents or templates that I have replaced and deleted continue to
appear
in the "Open" pane when I open Word. If I try to actually open them, I am
told that the file no longer exists, which it doesn't. If I try to delete
them, I get a "cannot delete, cannot read file" message.