Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews

Default How to align equation to the last line

On 3-Feb-2006, "Jay Freedman" wrote:

I don't think there's anything you can do in a style, but you can ask
Design Science (www.dessci.com or www.mathtype.com), the
company that supplies the Equation Editor to Microsoft. You should
also look at their commercial product MathType, which (among
many other enhancements) can make its own equation numbers.

Niwrad, Jay's correct. His solution of using the table is the only way I
know of to do it in Word. ("It" being aligning the number and the equation
as you described.) Now if you're making web pages out of the Word document,
that's another story all together, but I don't think that's the case.

Jay mentioned MathType. He's right -- MathType will do the numbering &
referencing automatically. Even using MathType though, the only way I know
of to align the bottom of the equation number with the bottom of the
equation is to use a table.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

niwrad wrote:
"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:26:19 -0800, niwrad
wrote:

I have numbered the equations on its right in my Word document and
they are aligned to the center when the equations have more than
one line. I would like to align the equation numbers to the last
line of the equation (or the bottom of the object) and wonder how I
can do so.

Thanks

The most reliable method is to use a two-column borderless table,
with the equations in the left (wide) column and the equation
numbers in the right (narrow) column. Select the right column, right
click it, select Cell Alignment, and choose the bottom right
alignment.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Thanks for the response.

I have created a particular formatting style to automatically number
the equations and align them horizontally and it's been very useful
other than for this stated issue. So I'm wondering if it's possible
to maintain this and just alter some formatting setting such that the
equation numbers on the right can be align to the bottom of the
equation object.

I don't think there's anything you can do in a style, but you can ask
Design
Science (www.dessci.com or www.mathtype.com), the company that supplies
the
Equation Editor to Microsoft. You should also look at their commercial
product MathType, which (among many other enhancements) can make its own
equation numbers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman