Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default My links have disappeared

Check the formatting of both the FollowedHyperlink and Hyperlink
character styles; make sure that none of them is formatted as hidden
or in white text color.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pennyvr" wrote in message
I am using MS Word 2003. I have a number of hyperlinks and

cross-references
in a document. Some of the text of the links have disappeared, but

the links
themselves appear to be there. I have read about a similar problem

where the
"Hyperlink" style was hidden text, but that isn't my problem.

If I copy and paste into a new (blank) document, the text reappears.

If I
copy and paste the whole document, the text is still missing. What's

more, my
problem starts in the middle of a section e.g. on page 13 of section

3 my
hyperlinks and cross-references are perfect, and on page 14 of

section 3 the
text has disappeared.

If I right-click where the text should be, I can select "Edit

Hyperlink" and
I can see the text I want in the "Text to Display" box. I click "OK"

but
still nothing appears in the document. If I "Remove Hyperlink" my

text
reappears, but if I then create a hyperlink, the text disappears

again.

Any suggestions?