Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SJHMCSE SJHMCSE is offline

Default How I set up a form so I input information using data form ico

I have a user that was recently upgraded to Word 2007 and she used this "data
form" button all the time. I have not been able to find its equivalent in
Word 2007. And thoughts?

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Q2hyaXM=?=,

In Word 2003, the data form button is in the Database toolbar. If your
cursor is in a table, clicking this button will convert each column to a data
field for entry in the dialog box. After completing, the data will be added
in rows to the table. This button can also be used to edit tables.

But, I too would like to know how to set up a template to either have a
button in the document that calls this functionality or have it pop up
automatically when the user reaches that part of the document.

Aha. Now, this is a very clear description and I "get it" :-)

The "button-in-the-document" is easier. Basically, the code to go with it would
be

Sub ShowTheForm()
If Selection.Information(wdWithinTable) Then
ActiveDocument.DataForm
End If
End Sub

The other way would be more elegant :-), but would require using
application-level events, which can be very complicated as soon as you need to
work in a "production" environment. If you want to explore that route, then I
recommend posting in the word.vba.general newsgroup. And don't forget to mention
the version of word, plus anything else that might affect how the
document/template will be used.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org