kharrison

It is information that is being pulled from a Lotus Notes Database. All the
fields in the body of the document update correctly at the time the document
is created, but the header field does not. The exact same field is in the
body of the document and it updates OK. The field is as follows:

{ DOCVARIABLE BP_Summary \* MERGEFORMAT }

"Jezebel" wrote:

mergeformat isn't a field. It's a field switch that controls what happens
when you update the field. What information are you trying to display?

"kharrison" wrote in message
I have a merge format field in a header and the body of the document.
Since
upgrading to Word 2003 the field is not updating automatically in the
header.

Any suggestions as to why and how I can work around this?

Thanks for any assistance.

kh