Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Oaty Oaty is offline

Default section breaks without moving text

No there are no footnotes. Although, I would like to solve this problem for
future reference perhaps, I am going about this with the wrong approach to
begin with. All that I am trying to accomplish is to have three columns
followed below by a single line of text with a particular dotted patterned
background for this line only that will actually print as a heading for text
or additional columns to follow. The pattern I wish to use is not available
under borders and shading.The only way I've managed to get it to work is with
a table . What I have done is placed a continuous section break after the
last column and formatted the table with a pattern. Works fine except for all
the solutions offered it gets pushed to another page. If I simply enter text
instead of a table or text box it enters without being pushed , but this
doesn't allow for a particular patterned background on this line only .
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do the columns contain footnotes? See Section break causes an unexpected
page break in Word at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074

http://word.mvps.org

"Oaty" wrote in message

How do I format the paragraph .. as 1 pt font size with line spacing as 1
pt
font size.. I don't see either as an option under format/paragraph.
Spacing
before/after is already set to zero.
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that a table in Word is always followed by a paragraph mark (¶). If
the
paragraph mark doesn't fit on the same page as the table, the table will
move to the following page. To work around this, format the paragraph
mark
as 1 pt font size, with a line spacing of exactly 1 pt and spacing
before/after set to zero. You could also/alternatively format the mark as
hidden.

To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, you can
press Ctrl+Shift+8 or use the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar (Word
97-2003) or on the Home tab (Word 2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Oaty" wrote in message

Same problem. I've got a section with three columns. I placed a section
break after the last column and started a small table. This table is
shifted
to another page. It also happens later in the document. Individually,
these
work...i.e. if viewed in several different documents, but each forces
the
next section break onto a new .That is each time I use columns the next
section break forces the section onto a new page.
"Julie" wrote:

I wish to insert a section break and keep the text from moving to the
second
page. I've tried to use a variety of different kinds of section
breaks--odd
page, even page, continuous but each time it moves my Table onto the
next
page.

Is there a way to insert a section break without moving the text onto

Thanks.

.

.