Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ahsan Ahsan is offline

Default Columns of equal length in Word 2007

thanks a lot

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

To balance the columns, insert a continuous section break at the end of the
text (Page Layout tab | Breaks | Continuous). FWIW, this behavior has not
changed from previous versions of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dlf" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how do I create two (or more) columns that are always of
equal
length in ? I used to be able to do this in Word 2003.

When I create two columns now and fill the first column with text it flows
over to the second column and looks like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whereas I'm trying to make it look like this without manually inserting a
column break: