Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default Virtual Printer (?)

PamC via OfficeKB.com wrote:
1. Select Microsoft Office Image Writer as your printer. You can then format
11x17 pages and several other unusual page sizes.

2. Locate a safe site that has printer drivers with those characteristics
available for download.

HTH,
PamC

P D Sterling wrote:
I can't seem to find an answer to this: I want to create an 17 x 11
document, and Word will not allow me to, I guess because my printer
can't print it.

Apparently, nobody ever thought of creating an unprintable document and
emailing it to the copy shop.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

a fabulous idea! I have that capability at work, so I can learn how to
use it and get it for home. I may not have been clear in prior posts
that I am at step 1, creating the document. after it is complete, I
translate it into pdf, but I mean this software is fighting me big time.
I tried to start this in publisher, and it made an 17 x 11 page, as if
it would fit on an 8½ x 11 page, and I was screaming!

thanks for the post!!!

--

Regards,

P D Sterling