Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Page Break Question

Start off with an "empty" page and press Enter once (or more). If you
display nonprinting characters, you'll see two paragraph marks:

Put the cursor to the left of the first paragraph mark and insert your
pictures. Their anchors (the text to which they're tethered) will be in the
first paragraph.

When the page is full, move the cursor to the left of the second paragraph
mark and insert the page break there. What was the second paragraph mark on
the full page will become the (only) paragraph mark on the new page. On the
new page, press Enter so this page contains two paragraph marks, and
continue from there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have certain application windows that cannot be printed, so I use a
screen capture program (ScreenHunter) to grab the windows and paste
them into Word. I have my default paste set to "In front of text"
which I would prefer not to change.

Here's my issue:

Once I have a page full of images, I need to insert a page break so I
can paste more images into the document. However, since the cursor has
not moved from the initial position, the page gets inserted above the
full page and existing images have to be moved up in order to keep
them in the original order.

Is there a different method I can use so that additional pages are
added after the current page so I can just keep on pasting?

Thanks!