Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge rules (if.then.else) is different font from main doc

After creating the rule in your document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the
display of field codes and insert \* charformat inside the closing }

{ IF { ....} etc \* charformat }

replacing \* mergeformat if it is there.

Then apply the desired font format to the I of IF

Then use Alt+F9 again to toggle off the display of the field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Christina" wrote in message
I need to use if.then.else rules in my mail merge...but the font of the
inserted text is different from the font of my word document. Is there a
way
to change the default font used in the rules dialog box?

Thx.