Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aboeing aboeing is offline

Default Word 2007: Equation: Create a custom operator?

Thank you for your solution. This did indeed work with the old equation
editor. (Insert, object, Microsoft Equation 3.0) I just rewrote my equations
using the old editor.

Although, it would be nice if it would be possible with the new version that
is integrated with the ribbon bar. If anyone knows how to change the sizes of
individual symbols in the newer equation editor your advice would be welcome.

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

On 11-Jun-2007, aboeing wrote:

Hi, I would like to create my own "large operator" (like a
'sum'), but I am not sure how I can do this. I have tried
making a 1x3 matrix however this makes the central
part too small and is then inconsistant with the rest of
the equations formatting. If I just try using a 'script'
then I can not get the upper and lower boxes to sit
directly above & below the symbol.

The matrix approach sounds like a reasonable way to solve your
problem. Did you try setting the size to "Symbol" for the central
part? You'll need to do this manually via Equation Editor's
"Size" menu. Also set the upper & lower boxes to "Subscript"
size.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide