Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jena Jena is offline

Default Cursor jumps while typing in Word 2007 Vista

Thank you soo much - I will try this!

"Soundchick" wrote:

I love how everyone who has not experienced this problem is so quick to say
that it's just the user accidentally touching the touchpad. I am an IT
professional myself and I have had this problem on 3 laptops now. Different
brands, different OS, different touchpad drivers, etc. I have gone as far as
disabling the touchpad, but even then I have the same problems (cursor
jumping, windows closing, etc.) There seems to be a flaw in the Windows OS
when it comes to the touchpad. The only thing I have found that has helped me
is a little program called TouchFreeze. You can download it for free from
several places (just do a Google search) but I'll post a link below. Since I
downloaded and installed it, I have not had the problem. I wish I had the
time to analyze the code to see what it is actually doing. The program is
supposed to simply disable the touchpad while one is typing. I wish
Microsoft would take a look at this and get a patch released to fix it!

http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

"Ferdinand" wrote:

Thank you Graham.
Another problem is that for no apparent reason, when i"m typing a message it
desapears or a window pops up asking if I want to quit. Do you think it is a
related problem?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It's the touch pad. Some are so sensitive that tapping the keys will affect
them.

Ferdinand wrote:
I have the same problem, and I am keeping my hands away from the
touch pad and everything else except for the keys I want to press. A
computer science major said it was a Vista problem. I also took it to
a computer shop. The technician reinstalled Office but there was
little improvement.

"CPTGAWRY" wrote:

EVERYTIME I am typing a message or working on a letter in Word 2007,
the cursor will jump to another sentence. Has anyone else
experienced this and what is the solution?