Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charlotte Charlotte is offline

Default Inserting more than 1 set of pages numbers on one document

It's standard over here in the UK I'm afraid - can't really argue with my
department for the sake of an easier to use word doc! I might just stick the
appendix in as a separate doc. Thanks for your help!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm, but I
have to concur with Robert Franz that numbering the appendixes with roman
numerals is unconventional.

"Charlotte" wrote in message
Hello all,
I have my thesis which needs 3 sets of page numbers all starting from '1'
but in different formats:
I have 4 pages which are required to be numbered '1-4' in Roman numerals
(Pages 1-4), then the next lot of pages (page 5 onwards) needs to be pages
'1-49' in standard numerical notation. I then have the appendices which
again, need to be '1-whatever...' in Roman numerals.

Do i need to insert page breaks or something? This is currenlty ~53 page
document with no inserted page breaks or anything, just page after page of
text and graphs (Really thrilling stuff!!). I've played around with format
page numbers and tried inserting from page 5, but it keeps starting on

page 1
from page 1, and tried inserting in Roman numerals then chaging it when i

get
to page 5 to no avail....

Thanks for any help!
Charlotte