goenviro goenviro is offline
Junior Member

Default Custom lookup and autofill in table

I use the same table with 5 columns and different numbers of rows several times in a single document which i use to report on the condition of drains. This document is used repeatedly for different customers and surveys.
In the first column i place a code for example JD, in the second column I add the survey reference point ie MH6 (manhole 6), in the 3rd column i add the position it is in within the pipe ie 6.2m, in the 4th column I explain the short code used in column 1 which in this case would be "Joint displacement - small - contraflow". Is there any way that I can get word to autofill the 4th column based on the code in column 1 for that row?
I may also want to edit the information post filling ie change it from contra flow to with flow?
Being that I am such a slow typer a succesful answer to this would help me out big time