Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Deleting across paragraphs does not delete paragraph mar

There are a number of "smart" options that you might experiment with to see
which one might be causing this behavior. In Office Button | Word Options |
Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste, look at the settings for "Smart cut and
paste." Under "Editing options," I found that I had to disable "Use smart
paragraph selection," but I don't remember why.

FWIW, when I select parts of two successive paragraphs and delete them, the
selection is deleted, but the text remains in two paragraphs, so whatever I
have done so far hasn't solved the problem you describe. And this *is* a
change from Word 2003.

http://word.mvps.org

"ATD" wrote in message
news
If I select from the middle of one paragraph to the middle of another
paragraph and then press Delete, I expect selection to be removed and the
remaining parts of the paragraphs to be merged into one. However, Word
2007
removes the text but inserts a paragraph mark to leave me with two
paragraphs
still. This is not how it used to be and not what I want it to be but I
can
not find a way to stop it doing this. It's bad enough to have to manually
delete the new paragraph mark, but we have many hundreds of templates
controlled by macros that are being badly affected by this.

How do I stop Word inserting a paragraph mark?