Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ATD ATD is offline

Default Word 2007 Deleting across paragraphs does not delete paragraph

Thanks all - I have already updated my macros to replace paragraphs marks
with spaces and that does work, of course. However, for my users, they still
have the pain of having to perform the selection delete and then delete the
inserted paragraph mark when they do this manually.

Surely, Microsoft can't believe that "delete this bit" means "We'll delete
it but add something in because you will always need it and, no, you can't
switch this off"???

Andy

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Greg Maxey wrote:

How about:

Sub ScracthMacro()
If InStr(Selection.Text, Chr(13)) 1 Then
Selection.Text = Replace(Selection.Text, Chr(13), " ")
Selection.Delete
End If
End Sub

Sub ScratchMacro()
If InStr(Selection.Text, Chr(13)) Then
Selection.Text = Replace(Selection.Text, Chr(13), " ")
End If
Selection.Delete
End Sub

Would delete the selected text whether or not the selection contained a
paragraph break which is closer to the Word 2003 behaviour.