Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Default clip art

Carrie wrote:
"Mary Sauer" wrote in message
If you have Microsoft products, there are over 150,000 clips on the Office
web site.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/cl...321031033.aspx

What does that mean "if you have Microsoft products"?
It looks like anyone could open the page and use it.
It doesn't ask if you have Microsoft products first.

I just looked at random, clicked to copy, and pasted it in a Word Doc. Then
pasted it into FLASH MX and as a new image in Corel PSP X

Well, you probably used IE to do that, since that "click to copy to
clipboard" item doesn't show up when you visit the page using Firefox.
That's a semi-quibble, since getting a Windows system without IE is
pretty hard. Were you on Linux, different story. Then just the low-rez
images displayed in the browser are available, I'd guess (can't test
it). Maybe Opera or other browsers decode the MS-unique stuff on that
page better, or masquerade as IE better, or something.

But: What he was probably referring to was that the MS online library is
more integrated into Word & PPT than into others: You can select a
bunch of them, after which a single click sucks them all into your
Word/PPT/whatever local clipart library, along with tags letting you
search them by content.

I mean just to try it.

Uh huh. :-)

Maybe you mean it's copyright and only legal to use it with MS products? (I
didn't use it, I just pasted it to test)

I think the first page has the copyright story. You basically can use it
in stuff you don't sell. School projects, your own reports, all OK.

That sure is a lot of clip art!

I agree!

I usually forget about the online sources.

Once upon a time I actually bought a CD with a big collection of
clipart. I'm amazed that such things are still for sale. These days, my
first stop for almost anything is Google.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"melcam" wrote in message