Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MC MC is offline

Default Mail merge with excel

I am trying to merge an excel document that was exported from another
application. I have setup all of the fields but am having the following
problem when merging. My Excel spreadsheet has approximately 6 columns
(school, employee name, absence reason, initial balance, days taken, current
balance) and one employee name may be listed 5 times in a row because they
have 5 different absence reasons. Because they are listed on the spreadsheet
more than once, I receive 5 different sheets for one person. In the Word
document I have created a table which shows the absence reason, initial
balance, etc. and the employee name and school is listed above outside the
table. How do I get only the absence code information for one specific
employee to merge on one sheet?