Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gjupp via OfficeKB.com gjupp via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Using dates during mail merge

I tried this and it works just fine. Many thanks indeed for your help. It is
much appreciated. Graham Mayor also came up with a solution which I couldn't
make work. Please see my reply to his last input.

Peter Jamieson wrote:
OK, it certainly works here, i.e. in principle, so maybe the detail needs
checking:

preferably with a space
between month and year.

I suspected as much :-)

{ SKIPIF "{ MERGEFIELD mydatetext }" "{ DATE \@"D" \*Ordinal }{ DATE \@"
MMMM YYYY" }" }

works OK here with that spec. All the {} have to be ctrl-F9 braces as usual,
and the spacing and quoting is obviously import -

either one space between the two DATE fields and

\@"MMMM YYYY"

or no space between the two DATE fields and

\@" MMMM YYYY"

Yes, this is the comparison that I wish to make, preferably with a space
between month and year. And yes, we wish to make a €˜not equal comparison.

[quoted text clipped - 38 lines]

Many thanks in anticipation.