Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
rajkohli

Default Hyperlinks in Tables

I think that you don't want to open that link while selecting it or
double-clicking on it. You can try changing when option see if this one helps
you:

1. click on Tools - Options
2. click on Edit tab.
3. Check "Use CTRL + Click to follow the hyperlink" if this is unchecked.

Let us know.

"John Gregory" wrote:

I'm getting the following message when I attempt to bring up a link within a
table: "Unable to open http://www.gmacbank.com/. Cannot locate the Internet
server or proxy server."

When I created this table a few weeks ago, I could not get any of my
inserted hyperlinks to activate by double-clicking them but they would open
using the "Open Hyperlink" menu.

Today I manipulated the table a tad by inserting a column then resizing
everything. After that, I had trouble with the hyperlinks. No mater what I
do - including deleting them and reentering them - I can can't get anything
to link from the table. Everything else on the computer works fine. I'm
accessing the net as I type this while looking at the last notice I received
from the Word table. I'm using Word 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2