Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com is offline

Default cannot install update Office 2007

On 2/7/2010 5:02 PM, wrote:
I purchased and have Office ultimate installed on my new windows 7
laptop and it runs fine.

Updates tells me there is an important "2007 Microsoft Office Suite
Pack 2 (SP2)" to download. But 8 attempts to download and install fail
with Error Code 8020000E.
How do I get around this?

Thanks. Jeff

For other that might be in the same situation here is the solution.
Microsoft sent me a whole list of things to do - none of which helped.
What helped is advice I got on an other newslist which advised :
Downloaded the update manually at

Installed it manually. Worked fine. Then checked with Windows Update
which now no longer says I need that update so it apparently installed
fine. The problem was with Windows update having trouble installing it
online for some reason.
So now all is fine again.

Hope this helps someone else.