Righteous Brother

An if statement will not allow me to alter the checked status of a check box.

Unless you know how?

Regards,
Righteous One.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You need to use one or more IF fields.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Righteous Brother" wrote in
message ...
Hi. I have had this issue for quite some time and gave up on it actually
being possible in Word, so I hope someone can prove me wrong.

I have a word master document (assessmentform_master.doc). It is an
assessment form which was designed by our sponsors, and so cannot be
changed.

In this document are 5 checkbox merge fields (ckMeasPP, ckMeasTH,
ckMeasLA,
ckMeasNT and ckMeasRF).

The datasource is in Excel and has entries for these 5 fields, MeasPP,
MeasTH etc. Each of these fields contain either X or an empty cell.

When I merge the document with its datasource I want the checkboxes for
each
record to be checked (If X) or unchecked (If empty cell).

I don't even know where to start. Hope someone does.

Regards,
Nick.