Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blanche

Default Can I lock the position of a text box

Bill,
I am creating a letterhead template for global distribution, and I need the
body of the letter (independent of the salutation) to start in a specific
point on the page. So I was looking for a way to do this that other users
could not change. Any other thoughts you have would be appreciated.

"Bill M" wrote:

Blanche,

Not sure if my answer went through, so am submitting again.

1. Double click the line of the text box.
2. Select the "Layout" tab.
3. Select "Inline with text".
4. Click ok.

This is the same process as setting the properties for an image, to decide
whether you want it to be stationary or not. Just curious, is there a
particular reason you are using a text box here? Sound more you want to
create a form.

Hope the info helps. :-)
--
Bill M

"Blanche" wrote:

I am developing letterhead templates, and I need the body of the letter to
always start in the same position, regardless of the number of lines in the
salutation. Is there a way to lock a text box so other users can not move it?