Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How To Create Chapters with Page Numbering

This article, however, has not (AFAIK) been updated for Word 2007, so you
may have to hunt around a bit to find the corresponding features in that
version.

See the article "I want to include the chapter number with the page number
in the Header - how can I do this?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Number...pterNumber.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne" wrote in message
I am typing a series of outlines of a book. There is one outline for

each
book chapter. I would like to have Chapter numbers in the header of

each
chapter. IE: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and so on. I would also like to

have
page numbering formatted to indicate the page number & the chapter. IE:
1-1, 1-2, etc. I am using Office 2007 beta and cannot for the life of

me
figure out how to do it. Is there anyone willing to write me a step by
step?
Eternally grateful in advance...