Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Handling page numbers in sections of a template

Thanks, Pam -- I will give that a try! I got really close with a macro but
couldn't get it to resize the footer to match the 11x17 size automatically.

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I just made a quick part I called "Insert11x17pg. It works with the few
changes I made to it (unlinking from previous for both header/footers,
continuous page numbers, and 11x17 page size in the first section and 8.5x11
for the second). I don't have a complex document to test it on right now
so you'll need to test the idea further, but it may suit your need.

Pam

Pamelia Caswell wrote:
To my knowledge, there's no way to include section breaks in a style. Besides
you'd need two of them. Have you looked into autotext? I don't use that
feature but maybe someone else here can tell of their experience with it.

Pam

Pam, thanks for the feedback. I agree that users should know how to do it by
hand, but unfortunately that's not my reality. I like the macro idea, but I'm

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Pam