garfield-n-odie

What happens if you type 1E47 from the regular keyboard, and then
press Alt+X from the regular keyboard?

gfross wrote:

I'm trying to type a transliteration of Sanskrit devanagari in Word 2003,
using Times New Roman. I know the Unicode hexadecimals for those letters
that have diacritcal marks. However, most of the hexadecimals contain a
Roman letter, e.g., 1E47 for the underdotted n, preventing me from using the
ALT-X shortcut method of typing the transliterated letter (since there is no
E on the numbers keypad).

So my question is as follows: Is there a way I can still use the shorcut
method, or do I have to use, instead, either the copy-and-paste-the-symbol
method or the Autocorrect method?