Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to put graphics on envelopes?

When you create a mail merge, tell Word to use the existing document as the
mail merge main document. Sometimes it's easier to start with the document
and create the merge "by hand" using the Mail Merge toolbar. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/E...MailMerges.htm

"Steve Koenig" wrote in message
Thank you for your reply Suzanne. I have been able to create a document

with
the graphic and return address just as I would like the envelopes to look
like, however, after creating the document, when I go to tools, mail

merge,
envelopes, I get an envelope with the default return address not as the
document I just created.
I tried to look at Graham's templates but receive the message, "The macros
in this project are disabled." I would much prefer to learn how to add a
graphic to an envelope than to be forced to use someone's template.
It is really surprising that it is so difficult to add a graphic to an
envelope.
Thank you,
Steve Koenig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried just creating your envelope as a document? You might look

at
the downloadable envelope templates Graham offers.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Steve Koenig" wrote in message
Sometimes an answer to a question can lead to a multitude of other

questions.
I think this may be the case here.
First I had to ponder the following:
"To achieve this, create a paragraph style for the return text."
Then I was introduced to "floating" graphics and text as two separate

saved
styles?
The goal is simply to print a graphic on the top left corner of the

envelope
with the return address directly next to the graphic.

Thank you for responding but I am no closer to getting a graphic to

print
on
my envelopes.

Steve Koenig

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Look in help under EnvelopeExtra AutoText. Graham Mayor has an

excellent
web
page on the subject.

http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Steve Koenig" wrote in

message
I would like the full editing capabilities of Word 2003 to prepare
envelopes
including inserting graphics, but when I go to Tools, Letters and
mailings,
then envelopes, I get a small envelope sized area to put in the
information I
want printed on the envelopes. How do I get graphics printed as

part
of
the
return address?