Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Default Problem with starting page numbering on page 3

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"rkbristol" wrote in message
Please help, I need to turn this paper in.

I have a 70 page paper and I want page 3 to be labeled ats page 1. I
placed
a "next page" section break at the beginning of page 3 and then used
insert,
page numbers. I selected Header, alignment right, then clicked on format,
page numbering, start at and choose 1. After clicking ok the document
shows
the documents actual page 2 as page 8, actual page 5 as page 4 and then
continues in sequence.

I don't want actual pages 1-3 to have any numbering. I want page 3 to
start
numbering as page 1 and then go sequentially. I'm not sure what I've done
wrong.

Thanks,